• Membership fees and/or registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• All rates are subject to change without notice.
• In order to maintain the proper structure of our programs, makeup classes are not available under any circumstances.
• Membership dues may be placed on hold for medical reasons accompanied by a physician’s note. All memberships must be active without holds in order to participate in our programs.
The YWCA Bergen County is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when participating in our programs or events. We expect persons participating to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct outlines prohibited action, list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs.
• Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals at YWCA Bergen County sponsored programs
• Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
• Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
• Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way
• Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
• Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person
• Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire
• Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
• In addition, YWCA Bergen County reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
• Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a YWCA Bergen County staff person.
• YWCA Bergen County staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
• In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
• Suspension or termination of YWCA Bergen County membership privileges may result from a determination by the Membership Management and if in his/her discretion a violation of the YWCA Bergen County Member Guest Code of Conduct has occurred
• The YWCA holds the right to cancel a program at any given time during the session and/or year. If the YWCA cancels the program
a partial refund or voucher will be granted upon approval.
• Any vouchers granted may be redeemed up to 1 year from the issued date. All vouchers are non-transferable and
• All membership dues are NON-REFUNDABLE. We do not provide refunds, credits, or pro-rate dues if the membership
is cancelled mid-month or mid-session.
• All program fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. A refund or voucher may be considered in selected circumstances at the YWCA’s
sole discretion. Please note each circumstance is unique and election to make such an offer in one instance does not create
the obligation to do so in another
• A $25 fee is applied to all returned checks.
• In order to insure the quality of our program transfers can only be made from one class to another during the first two weeks of the session without an applicable transfer fee. Any transfers during the third week of a session will be allowed with a $50 transfer fee. All transfers are approved and processed through the membership department and no other arrangement outside of the membership department will be honored.
• All family memberships may include up to two adults and any dependent children up to age 18 and students living at home up to age 22 with proof of residence and school schedule.
• All membership dues deducted on a monthly basis may not be canceled within the first 6 months.
• Credits/refunds will not be given for absences.
• Use the appropriate locker rooms or barrier-free dressing areas. Changing in the restrooms is prohibited.
• Complete building evacuation is required in case of fire drill or emergency.
• Financial assistance is available. Please contact the YWCA Membership Department for information and applications.
• Due to the short length of preschool and children’s classes, parents/guardians must remain at the facility for the duration of the class. Any child not met at the end of class will remain with the instructor or authorized personnel as every effort is made to reach the parent or caregiver. The YWCA is required by law to contact DCPP (Division of Child Protection & Permanency) for any child not picked up within one hour after class ends. If you have a child in our Before & After School Programs or Camps, please refer to the Parent’s Handbook.
• Members who wish to place a hold on a membership for medical reasons must provide a doctor’s note at the time of injury or medical occurrence. To restart a membership, the YWCA Membership Department must be contacted prior to the expiration date. No credits will be given after a membership has expired.
• NJ-state law requires all swimmers to shower prior to entering pool.
• Parent/guardian supervision is required at all times. Non-compliance: Child will not be permitted to participate in class.
• Class sizes are limited. If a class is full, you will be added to the waiting list and contacted by a program representative if space becomes available.