Empower U(niversity): Girls Leadership Academy is a 10-month, small-group mentorship and empowerment experience designed to educate and engage high school sophomore girls through experiential learning, leadership lessons, and social action. Topics covered include empowered leadership, financial literacy, STEM, self-awareness, civic engagement, mind and body wellness, and media literacy.
Empower U gives 15 young women each year the tools they need to balance themselves physically, emotionally, and intellectually. Impactful programming and community service projects will empower teen girls to be confident, college-bound, and career-ready. In addition, mentoring sessions will be held every month with women who are experts in their fields.
At YWCA Bergen County, we believe that every girl has the ability to become a great leader. Empower U will help participants realize this within themselves so that they can flourish throughout high school, college, and beyond. After all: empowered women start with empowered girls!
1. Empower U is an all-girls leadership program designed to help its participants balance themselves physically, emotionally, and intellectually.
2. Impactful programming and community service projects will empower teen girls to be confident, college-bound, and career-ready.
3. Empower U connects girls with successful, professional women whose careers span the spectrum of employment opportunities.
4. Empower U emphasizes STEM to prepare girls for 21st century careers and position our community to remain competitive in an increasingly complex global economy.
5. Empower U extends educational and extracurricular opportunities to girls through twice monthly weeknight sessions that follow the academic calendar year.
Revised 5/18/2016. Dates, times, and locations subject to change.
For more information, please contact Samantha Plotino at 201-345-1895 or [email protected].
Empower U will meet twice monthly, beginning Wednesday, September 9, 2015.
Revised 9/2/2015. Dates, times, and locations subject to change.