Tribute to Women of INfluence (TWIN) is a prestigious celebration of empowerment established by YWCA Bergen County in 1975. The program was so meaningful and successful that YWCAs throughout the country and the world have adopted it and continue the tradition today. During YWCA Bergen County’s years of TWIN, we have honored a real “who’s who” of Bergen County women of achievement and influence.
Much about our world and women’s place in it has changed since the inception of TWIN, but women still grapple with issues of equal pay, equal opportunities, work-life balance, children, and career. The heart of TWIN remains to honor women of achievement and celebrate organizations that create cultures in which women can thrive.
What TWIN Accomplishes
- TWIN honors women who have excelled in their fields and made significant contributions to their organizations and to their communities.
- TWIN salutes organizations whose policies and practices encourage high achievement by women and who promote equal advancement opportunities for women of diverse backgrounds.
- TWIN creates engagement opportunities for top business and community leaders to meet, network, and celebrate the women of influence in their world.
How TWIN Works
- Sponsor: Leading Bergen County businesses and organizations select one or more women to honor who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in their organizations as well as contributions to their communities.
- Support: Smaller businesses and organizations participate in TWIN by donating, advertising, and attending the TWIN event to network with women of influence and their organizations.
- Celebrate: Honorees and their organizations are celebrated with our TWIN event, media recognition, and year-long acknowledgement as part of our women’s empowerment mission.