TWIN is a prestigious celebration of empowerment established by YWCA Bergen County in 1975. The program has been so meaningful and successful that YWCA’s throughout the country and the world have replicated it and continue the tradition. During YWCA Bergen County’s years of TWIN, we have honored a real “who’s who” of Bergen County women of power, achievement, and influence.
What TWIN Accomplishes
- TWIN honors women who have excelled in their fields and made significant contributions to industry and their communities.
- TWIN salutes corporations whose policies and practices encourage high achievement by women and who promote equal advancement opportunities for women of diverse backgrounds.
- TWIN creates engagement opportunities for top corporate and community leaders to meet, network, and celebrate the women of influence in their world.
How TWIN Works
- Select: Bergen County corporations and organizations select a woman or women within their establishment who have demonstrated outstanding achievement, leadership, and contribution.
- Sponsor: By sponsoring YW TWIN, organizations can then nominate their “stand out” woman or women.
- Celebrate!: YW features these incredible women in its time-honored celebration, which includes an honorary gathering, media recognition, and year-long acknowledgement as part of the YW’s mission-driven programs.